The travel service here in Holmur is operated as an family business run by us Guðrún and Magnús our 3 children Arndis Ósk,   Guðjón Örn, Birna Jódís and our son in law Þorgrímur Tjörvi. Birna and Þorgrímur have one child Katla Eldey.

In 2005 we began the operation of tourism here in Holmur in addition to traditional farming.
In 2009 we opened the farm zoo.
And at the same time we began renewing of the old cowhouse in order to make an restaurant /cofee we opened in August 2010.
2014 Birna and Þorgrímur and Katla moved here to Holmur and 2015 we made new bigger reataurant from the house that was used to fix tractors and cars, and we changed the former restaurant to family rooms.

History:
The year 1951 Guðjón Arason and his wife Margret Sigurdardottir bought Holmur in Myrar.
At the beginning of theyr farming they built their new house on the basis of existing house which was from about 1920.

This house is now operated as an guesthouse. Since 1985 to 1992 we ran the farm in association with Gudjon and Margret.

In the year 1992 we the current owners Gudrun Gudmundsdottir and Magnus Gudjonsson. bought Holmur from Gudjon and Margret.

The old house has now been restored and we have tried to use furniture and things from the term 1950-1970 ,and tried to catch the atmosphere of an farmhouse from that time.



 

The owners Gunna og Maggi

Holmur in Myrar

atrás